top of page

Official Nottinghamshire FA Sports Photographer: Kimberley Miners Welfare FC Vs. Radcliffe Olympic F


It was goals galore in Friday night’s Nottinghamshire FA U18’s Sunday Cup final between Kimberley Miners Welfare and Radcliffe Olympic.

Kimberley pushed forward from the first whistle, controlling the ball for most of the first half but struggling to find the goal in the opening minutes of the game. A breakthrough came in the 26th minute when Adam Morley converted a corner slotting the ball in at the front post. This was quickly followed by a second, just 4 minutes later when Kimberley captain Connor Wrenn delivered the ball to the edge of his oppositions 18 yard box. With the Radcliffe keeper unable to clear the ball James Hallam took advantage and fired the ball in to make it 2-0.

It didn’t take long for Kimberley substitutes Finlay Beavon and Patrick Webb to impact the game, moments after stepping onto the pitch, Beavon provided a through ball to Webb who, after a nifty bit of footwork in the box, scored the third goal of the game.

Radcliffe were determined to stay in the game and saw a promising effort cleared off the line in the 37th minute, but Kimberley proved their dominance just minutes later by making it 4-0 with a second goal for Morley. Radcliffe responded immediatley with another effort on the Kimberley goal, a 1 on 1 chance denied only by Kimberley goal keeper Brandon Jones. The final minute of the first half saw a free kick skim the cross bar from Kimberley striker Webb.

The first half ended 4-0 to Kimberley.

Simon Morgan who is part of Clifton All Whites FC committee, was in attendance at the game, he is cycling from Barnsley to Amsterdam on June 9th to raise money and awareness for Men United which is for Prostate Cancer UK. If you would like to donate please see the following link; Simon will be at most County Cup Finals ran by The Nottinghamshire Football Association.

It was a strong start to the second half for Radcliffe with their first goal coming in the 47th minute from Ollie Marshall, slotting the ball in at the front post from a low cross. Kimberley were quick to respond with a near miss in the 50th minute followed by a well worked goal from Eastwood. Just 3 minutes later Adam Morley almost scored his third with a half volley from the edge of the box, denied only by the finger tips of the Radcliffe keeper.

The next ten minutes saw Radcliffe regain some possession with multiple efforts on goal, the best coming from a free kick in the 71st minute that was fired just wide of the top left hand corner.

However, a curling corner for Kimberley in the 76th from Beavon was converted by Thomas Storer, the score now standing at 6-1.

Despite this scoreline, Radcliffe were determined to stay in the game and responded with their second goal just a minute later, a neat finish provided by Ravarn Jackson. A few more chances followed but the Kimberley defensive unit was unshakable.

In the 85th minute Webb claimed his second goal, Kimberley’s 7th, a stunning strike from the edge of the box that came from a quick counter attack. Radcliffe were relentless, trying once more to score in the 88th with a shot directed just wide.

The final minute of the game featured yet another goal from man of the match Patrick Webb, as he scored his third, this time a header guided into the back of the net from Beavon's corner. It was 8-2 when the final whistle blew, a well deserved victory for Kimberley.

Match report courtesy of Lily Sayers.

Photographs courtesy of Alexandra Johnson Photography

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page